CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Welcome to my Blog for FET 5601

Here is my blog for FET 5601. I will try to keep all of my Moodle postings here as well as keep a track of my study as I progress through this course.

My Visitor Map

You've been marked on my visitor map!

Wednesday, May 7, 2008

My Wrap of Bruce's Discussion 2

Hi Bruce,
Here is my wrap of your module on tolerance.

You have asked your students to study/analyze an artifact "audio recordings and text material about Bern, a German man of Jewish decent who was interned in Australia during World War 2". By allowing the students to hear a recording as apposed to just reading a text or indeed viewing picture, you are giving them a richer resource to which they can connect and empathize with.

This is a great starting point for the constructivist learning approach. I appreciate that you have struggled to find an appropriate assessment model. I will be most interested to read what you plan to get the students to produce for their assessment.

I really liked your analogy for the instructional design approach that it is like the threads of a screw.

Jane

0 comments: